- 200g Salar Smoked Salmon
- 2 large eggs (for poaching)
- 2 large egg yolks (for sabayon)
- 6 (or more) heads fresh steamed asparagus
- 1 very large handful spinach leaves
- Fresh tarragon (or dried) to taste
- Dash of Whisky (Optional)
- Fresh rocket leaves
- Salt and pepper to season
- To make the sabayon foam. Place a glass bowl over a pot of barely simmering water and whisk the egg yolks until pale and light, add chopped tarragon and whisky until fluffy, (must be sufficiently thickened so it won't split when cooling), put to one side.
- Bring a small pot of water to the boil and cook the asparagus for 2 mins (don't overcook) remove and place to one side.
- Poach the egg until soft in the same water (add a teaspoon of vinegar to the water for poaching to firm up the egg).
- Slightly warm the salmon (microwave will do for this).
- Mould the salmon in a pastry cutter.
- Wilt the spinach in a small pan and bring all the ingredients together -rocket leaves, spinach, salmon, asparagus, poached egg and a drizzle of the foam...and enjoy!