- 450g Salar Smoked Salmon
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
- 2 level teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 65g butter (softened)
- 275g mashed potatoes
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 level tablespoons plain flour
- 2 beaten eggs
- 125g breadcrumbs
- Oil for frying
- On Saturday:
- Mix together the salmon, chives, parsley, 50g butter and the mashed potatoes. Adjust the seasoning and shape the mixture into 12 fat cakes 1.5" across. Dip them into the flour, the beaten egg and then the breadcrumbs. Leave in the fridge until Sunday morning. Set the breakfast tray.
- On Sunday morning:
- As you make the coffee, melt the remaining butter and brush it all over the fishcakes. Cook at 240C (475F or gas 9) for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Alternatively, shallow fry in oil.
- Serve with mayonnaise and enjoy.