Recipe by Claire MacDonald of MacDonald, Kinloch Lodge, Isle of Skye, ingredients are per person.
- For the filling
- 2 - 3 oz Salar Smoked Salmon broken or torn into flakes
- 2 tablespoons double cream
- black pepper (no salt is needed)
- tablespoon snipped chives and chopped parsley
- Ingredients (For the omelette):
- 2 large eggs, beaten well with 1 tablespoon (scant) water
- a good dash of Tabasco
- salt and pepper
- 1 oz butter
- Heat the butter in an omelette pan and when it is foaming hot, pour in the beaten eggs with the Tabasco, salt and pepper.
- Fork the mixture through for a few seconds, then leave on a moderate heat - not too hot, otherwise you'll end up with an omelette like leather.
- Lift up an edge to let the runny mixture slip underneath.
- When it is beginning to look fairly firm, spoon the fish mixture over the surface. It will heat through in the minute or so that it sits on top of the omelette.
- Slip the omelette onto a warm plate and serve with brown bread and a green salad.