Recipe by Nick Nairn
This is an sensational starter for a special meal when served the formal way. It is a particular favourite for Christmas dinner and New’s Year’s Day dinner.
Most of the preparation can be done in advance and the final presentation done at the last minute.
There are many variations of this recipe and it can be made using mango or avocado alone or a combination of them both. If you would like to include avocado, one ripe average fruit would be enough, but the recipe is great with mango alone
- 250g Salar Flaky Salmon
- For the salsa:
- 1 x ripe mango, peeled and chopped into ½ inch dice
- 2 x red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 x ripe plum tomatoes, 1/4 , deseeded and finely diced
- 2 x tablespoon of chopped, fresh coriander
- ¼ red onion, finely chopped
- 2 x teaspoon of Thai fish sauce
- 2 x teaspoon of light soy sauce
- Juice and zest of two limes
- Freshly ground sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Add all the ingredients to a mixing bowl, add a little salt, bearing in mind that the soy sauce is already quite salty, add the freshly ground pepper and leave at room temperature to allow the flavours to develop.
100 g (4oz) baby salad leaves 1 teaspoon olive oil Lemon juice Herb oil (optional) Balsamic syrup (optional