- 300-400g Salar Hot Smoked Salmon with Honey & Thyme
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 50g butter
- 1kg floury potatoes,
- 1 litre fish, veg or chicken stock
- 250 mls milk
- A generous handful of chopped parsley
- Sea salt and ground pepper
- Dash Tabasco sauce
- 300g cooked prawns
- Gently sweat the onion in the butter in a large pan, add the potatoes and stir for a few minutes.
- Pour on the stock and simmer gently, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are tender and start to break up, thickening the soup.
- Add the milk (and possibly also a little more stock if your potatoes are very floury) - the chowder should be almost thick enough to stand your spoon up in.
- Add seasoning and Tabasco to taste, then add the Hot Smoked Salmon with Honey & Thyme and the parsley.
- Stir in the prawns, warm through and serve with wholemeal bread – delicious.