- 1 x 200g of Salar Smoked Salmon, broken into pieces (according to taste and appetite)
- Spaghetti for 2 people
- 50g fresh parmesan
- 1 small tub of double cream
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- Olive oil
- 1 egg yolk
- Wrap the salmon pieces in lightly oiled foil and place in a warm oven. (no need to do this with oak smoked salmon (cold smoked) as the pasta will warm this.
- Cook spaghetti to taste.
- Meanwhile, sauté the finely diced onion in olive oil until it turns translucent. Add the finely chopped garlic and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Whisk together the cream and egg yolk in a separate bowl.
- Take your saucepan off the heat and add the cream and egg mix and grated parmesan to the pan. Allow the mixture to warm in the residual heat allowing the yolk to cook and the cheese to melt into the creamy mixture.
- Fold the Smoked Salmon and the egg and cheese mixture into the cooked, drained spaghetti. The egg yolk will continue to cook with the added heat from the pasta and enrich the whole flavour of the dish.
- Buon appetito!