- 450g Salar Smoked Salmon
- 125g Cream Cheese
- 125g Creme Fraiche
- Juice from Whole Lemon
- ½ tspn Paprika
- ½ tspn Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Egg White (beaten until stiff)*
- 150g Oatcakes (crushed)
- 50g Salted Butter
- Salt and Black Pepper to season
- ¼ cucumber (sliced) to decorate
- Melt the butter in a pan, add the oatcakes and mix. Place the mixture in a greased loose bottom baking tin, press and flatten into the base. Chill for an hour.
- Put the cream cheese, salmon, paprika and cayenne pepper into a food processor. Pulse to a smooth consistency, then fold in the creme fraiche and a little egg white, then gradually add the remaining egg white.
- Taste, then season with lemon juice, salt and black pepper.
- Spoon the mixture onto the oatcake base in the baking tin and chill overnight.
- Next day: Decorate top of cheesecake with cucumber slices, serve and ENJOY!
- *(this recipe contains raw egg white, which can be omitted if you have any anxieties about using raw egg)