- 200g Salar Smoked Salmon
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 onion – finely chopped
- 25g butter
- 500g potatoes – peeled and cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 pint vegetable or chicken stock
- 150ml double cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 120°C/240°F
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and toss them in the olive oil and salt. Place them cut side up on a baking tray and roast until they are dried around the edges but still moist – roughly 2 hours.
- In a large heavy-bottomed pan, gently sauté the onion in butter without colouring, until soft.
- Add the potatoes and stock, simmer until the potato is soft. With a potato masher crush ¼ of the potato in the pan. Stir in the salmon and simmer for 1 minute then stir in the tomatoes and parsley. Stir in the cream and do not let the soup boil. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Serve with crusty bread.