- 250g Salar Smoked Salmon broken into pieces
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1-2 eggs, hard boiled
- butter – a large knob
- a dash of vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1/2 small red chilli, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon garam marsala
- a handful of green beans, topped and tailed (optional)
- salt, to taste
- garnish – spring onions, chives or parsley
- wedges of lemon to serve
- To begin, cook the rice by the absorption method. This way you have nice, dry, fluffy rice otherwise the dish will be gluggy.
- Boil the eggs. Set aside to cool in cold water.
- Add the butter/oil to a large pan. Be generous. Fry off the onion until transparent. Add chilli, garlic and garam marsala. Now throw in the beans. I cooked these for a few minutes, then put a lid on the pan with the heat off while I finished cooking the rice and prepared the fish.
- Return the pan to the heat. Start adding in the cooked rice. You may need a little more butter, as this carries the spices through the bland rice. Season to taste with sea salt (pepper too if you skipped the chilli). Gently stir through the salmon. Add chopped hard boiled eggs and garnishes.
- Eat warm.